Whether you are a first-time home buyer or a seasoned expert, purchasing a home can be a complex process. For this very reason, we are here to assist you each step of the way. Throughout each important stage, we will help you navigate the ever-changing housing market and lead you to your dream home.
Not sure what you’re looking for? Our detailed understanding of market trends, local neighborhoods, and financial tidbits allows us to give sound, proven advice to match you with your ideal house.
The Buying Process
To begin with, we believe that the more informed you are, the better your experience will be. We have the resources to guide you through the home finding process, providing you with everything from detailed property searches to neighborhood information.
Below, we have included a general step-by-step list to help explain the home buying process. Some of these stages may seem confusing, but remember, we am here to answer any questions.
1. Determine your needs and budget
Before the search begins, it’s a good idea to define what type of house, neighborhood, and location best suits your needs and lifestyle. Have fun with this! Have you always wanted a wood fireplace? Is a large yard important to you? We recommend imagining your dream home, while also taking into account your financial considerations.
Once you share these details with us, we can offer feedback and advice to help develop a plan and goal moving forward. You may want to prioritize what specifications you are looking for in a new home to offer some flexibility when searching for houses.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan
First, meet with a loan officer. Sharing income and financial information will give you a price range for which you are qualified.
- Get Pre-qualified
- Obtain a pre-approval letter
- Obtain a “Truth in Lending” letter explaining the costs of borrowing money
- Learn about the many loans available to buyers in today’s market
- Learn about closing costs
3. House search!
When we find houses that meet your criteria, we can review them and schedule a tour at your convenience.
- When possible, all decision-makers should visit the various homes
- Always be candid–it will help us understand your particular needs
4. Prepare the offer
Once we have found the home of your dreams, with your input, we will draft a written offer that outlines the price as well as the responsibilities of both parties in preparation for the transaction. If the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a binding contract. It is imperative that you carefully review the contract and clarify any aspects that are not clear to you prior to offering.
5. Make your loan application
- Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan
6. Inspect the property
In order to ensure your safety and the value of your investment, it is important to have the proper personnel thoroughly inspect the house after the offer and loan terms have been finalized.
- The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal
- Buyer will be provided a copy of the Title Commitment Letter
- Buyer will make arrangements for homeowner’s (hazard) insurance, and arrange for the insurance agent to talk with the closing officer at the title company
- Buyer receives a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing
- Buyer does a final walk-through inspection of the property
- The REALTOR arranges a closing date and time.
9. After closing
We will prepare the necessary documents required for closing such as title examination, payoff statements and deed. On the closing day you will sign all documents. The seller will be paid and you will receive the keys.
Congratulations, you just bought a new home!
Use Our Agents….
Use Our Truck for Free!